Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is it wrong...

Is it wrong to ask someone to do something they hate even though it may be what's best for their family? I'm having a hard time deciding if it is selfish of me to ask my husband to stay in the Army for another 3-4 years. I know he hates his job and wants so badly to get out and go to school, but the way things are right now; I'm just scared that we are going to mess up royally because we have no career or trade. I only have my associates and he has less than a year of college under his belt.  People keep telling me that college degrees are nothing these days, but I find that hard to believe...I'm scared that we are going to be in school, working full time, never seeing my baby girl or each other for at least a few years! I know that there are plenty of other people out there in the same, or worse, situation than me, but I can't help the way I feel. So back to my original question: Is it wrong to ask someone to do something they hate even thought it may be what's best for their family? We have a steady pay check, benefits for all, we can both go to school on base on our off time, and I can get a job and PAID childcare for our daughter, when we feel the time is right for her to go. I just wonder how things are going to be when we don't have the comfort of the military anymore...And I wonder if we are taking the wrong road by "taking our chances" without any plan for the minimum wage future...I don't know if I should bring it up to him or let him come to me when he is ready...I don't want to put pressure because I know if he reenlists then there is a guaranteed re-deployment and that I do not want...Ugh, hard decisions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment