Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Few Simple Words...

Art by Yoshitaka Amano


...Can make all the difference, it's true. Personally, there are so many fears that are constantly orbiting around my relationship with my husband that it makes it so I can't just enjoy the time I get with him. I'm scared that he will leave me again for anyone he meets that makes him feel good. I'm scared of  the potential lack of commitment from him because he refuses to say the few little words that I need from him..."I want to be with you for as long as you will have me, I am yours." Or something like that...I talk to many of my girlfriends and they say the same thing, that if their significant other would just pour out their heart ONE TIME and tell them that they shouldn't be scared, that they love them and that they are theirs, then 98% of these women would have the best sleep of their lives that night. I look at other husbands who are constantly talking about how much they love their wives/family and that they have never been so happy, it makes me look at my husband who never expresses his love for me or his daughter in public. In fact, sometimes it seems like he would rather not have us with him in public. I'm sure that some of this may be a bit dramatic, but what if it isn't? What if he is just buying his time until he finds his "one" and leaves me? I don't understand why I allow myself to live in this and why I still don't want to let go. I guess time will only tell and one day I may get those few simple words...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment